Dorothy Johnson, Chair
We have hosted four wonderfully exciting quilt shows in the past:
Appliqué in Tampa Bay (2007)
Appliqué in Tampa Bay II (2010)
Appliqué in Tampa Bay III – Reflections (2013)
Appliqué in Tampa Bay IV – Spring Fling (2017)
Coming up on February 17-18, 2023 is our next show – Appliqué in Tampa Bay V – Fun in the Sun!
Higgins Hall, St. Lawrence Catholic Church
5221 N. Himes Avenue, Tampa, FL 33614
Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
♦ Vendor Mall (vendors from all over the U.S.) ♦ Mini Quilt Auction (benefitting a local charity)
♦ Opportunity Quilt ♦ Gift Baskets ♦ Boutique
♦ Cafe (serving lunch both days) ♦ Quilt Appraisals
Quilts That Can Be Entered in Applique in Tampa Bay V – Fun in the Sun Quilt Show
- Only Feather Princesses members may enter quilts in Applique in Tampa Bay V – Fun in the Sun Quilt Show.
- Each Feather Princesses member is asked to make (at least) one bed-sized quilt, 60″ x 60″ minimum, for our quilt show.
- After the first quilt is made satisfying this requirement, Feather Princesses members may enter other bed-sized quilts, wallhangings, and miniature quilts in the show as desired.
- Each quilt, wallhanging, or miniature quilt must consist of a minimum 60% applique.
- Any applique technique may be used to create your quilt. For quilts made using the raw edge applique method, the raw edges must be stitched down.
- All quilts must be appliqued by hand or machine and contain three (3) layers—the quilt top, batting, and backing.
- All quilts must be quilted, either by hand, domestic sewing machine, or long arm machine. No tied quilts, please.
- All quilts must be bound.
- A label must be stitched on all quilts, on the back, in the lower left corner. Suggested info for the label includes the quiltmaker’s name, date, and city.
- Guidelines specifying the date to turn in quilts and the time to pick up quilts after the show will be announced in 2020.
Quilt Show Documents
Click on the links below to review documents needed for information or to use for specific quilt show activities:
- Boutique Guidelines (rev. 8/12/19)
- Quilt Entry Guidelines (rev. 3/9/20)
- Quilt Show Attire (instructions to make the Quilt Show shirt)
- Gift Basket Guidelines (rev. 3/9/20)
- Gift Basket Items Needed (rev. 3/19/20)
- Miniature Quilt Guidelines (rev. 9/9/19)
Projects and Patterns You Can Make for the Boutique
Click here to access the list of projects that the Boutique Committee believes will be good to make for the Boutique. The patterns provided and items made will have 100% of the proceeds going to the guild’s education fund.
Quilt Show Committees
|Committee||Purpose||Chairs||Other Committee Volunteers|
|Boutique||To gather and store all items donated or made by members to sell at the Quilt Show. To set-up the Boutique at the show, and take payment for sales.||Michelle Barry||Joann Rodriguez, Dee Anderson, Roni Hunt|
|Demos||Plans and holds demos for attendees during the quilt show.||Karen Nick|
|Gift Baskets||To gather donated items that may be used in gift baskets that are raffled off to attendees at the quilt show; and to put the baskets together. All proceeds benefit the FP guild.||Linda Pazdzinski and Karen Benitez|
|Miniature Quilt Auction||Each FP member is asked to make one miniature quilt, where the quilt is auctioned off to attendees; all proceeds are given to a previously announced charity.||Sue Tanner and Kimberly Boothe|
|Opportunity Quilt||Janet Wachter|
|Opportunity Quilt Ticket Sales||Provides the Opportunity Quilt tickets to each FP member with the goal of selling 25 tickets/member.||Karen Hamilton|
|Program Booklet||Booklet provided to all quilt show attendees that lists all the quilts and their makers, descriptions of the quilt circles quilts, and list of quilt show committee members.||Michelle Barry|
|Program Booklet Ads||Contacts businesses to place an ad in our program booklet. These ads help pay for the program booklet printing.||Donna Anderson|
|Quilt Show Set-Up|
|Quilt Show Signage||Provides the signs that are put up around the quilt show directing attendees to the various events.||Michelle Barry||N/A|
|Quilt Show Take-Down|
|Volunteers||To assign FP Members various shifts as volunteers during the quilt show.||Diane Kummelman|