To express our compassion and love, we make gorgeous Healing Heart blocks and give beautiful fat quarters to our Princesses who experience a life threatening illness or lose a spouse or a child. When a Princess’s name is added to the list of recipients to receive these items, that Princess may indicate her preference to receive the Healing Heart blocks or the fat quarters. We stitch the blocks and give the fat quarters with love to express our concern and support and to lift the spirits of these Princesses, as they face challenging and difficult times. Our members have been so generous in making the Healing Heart blocks and giving the fat quarters, the outpouring of love has been phenomenal, and every heart block and fat quarter has been greatly received and appreciated.
We will make an announcement in The Plume and at our monthly meeting guild meeting telling who will receive the Healing Heart Blocks and fat quarters, along with their color preferences.
Please use the guidelines below when making your Healing Heart block:
- Size block: 9″ (8″ plus ½-inch seam allowance on all sides, to be trimmed by the Princess receiving the block)
- Background color: white or tone-on-tone white
- Color of heart: favorite color or preference of the Princess receiving the block
- Heart design: any appliqué heart pattern of your choice
- Technique: hand or machine appliqué, embroidered hearts, fused hearts (must be stitched in place)
- Embellishments: adorn the block as you wish
- Personalize: place your name on the bottom curve of the heart with a Pigma pen or embroidery
Please follow the guidelines below when selecting the fat quarters to give:
- Size fabric: fat quarter – 18″ by 22″
- Color of fat quarter: favorite color or preference of the Princess receiving the fat quarter
Princesses currently receiving the Healing Heart blocks:
- Judy Denherder likes landscape prints
- Cheryl Haynes likes blue and green
- Barbara Roberts likes blue and yellow
- Anne Szabo likes blue, pink, and red
- Maria Nunez likes blue
- Annette Kocsis likes green
Princesses currently receiving the fat quarters:
- Sandy Davis likes Civil War colors
- Linda Inglis likes navy and turquoise
You may bring your completed Healing Heart blocks to Princess Shirley Kasprzyk at our monthly meetings or mail them directly to the recipients.